This mountain poses few difficulties and it is often used as a warm up for other Himalayan peaks. It is one of the so-called ‘trekking peaks' of Nepal and it does not require a huge amount of mountaineering skill. The term ‘trekking peak’ however, can be a little misleading as some of these peaks should be approached seriously. Most people climb the north ridge from the Kongma La. It is also possible to climb the south ridge The mountain lies to the east of the Khumbu Valley which leads all the way up to Everest Base Camp. Pokhalde is around two or three miles from Everest but the Lhotse ridge obscures the view of the highest point on Earth from the summit. From the hamlet of Lobuche, which consists of only a handful of trekking lodges, the peak looks impressive as a high point on the ridge across the valley. It sits above the Kongma La Pass and in comparison to the busy paths leading to Everest the route is infrequently travelled. The mountain is, of course, dwarfed by its impressive neighbours but nevertheless it is a worthwhile side trip from a trek.
- Day 1: Flight to Lukla, then to Phakding.
- Day 2: Phakding-Namche
- Day 3: Namche
- Day 4: Namche-Tengboche
- Day 5: Tengboche
- Day 6: Tengboche- Pheriche
- Day 7: Pheriche
- Day 8: Pheriche – Lobuche
- Day 9: Lobuche-Gorak Shep
- Day 10: Gorak Shep-Kala Pattar back to Lobuche
- Day 11: Lobuche – High Camp (5,436m.)
- Day 12 - 13 Climbing Period
- Day 14: High Camp -Dingboche
- Day 15: Dingboche- Tengboche
- Day 16: Tengboche - Namche
- Day 17: Namche - Lukla
- Day 18: Lukla – Kathmandu, On Hotel
- All airport transfers international and domestic flight arrival and Departure
- 4 night’s accommodation in Kathmandu Hotel Tibet on BB sharing basis
- All your meals & accommodation during your trek in lodges.
- The services of our professional Sherpa team such as climbing Sherpa guide , cook and porter s etc.
- Food , fuel, camping equipment (such as mattresses, Tents, dining and toilet tents, crockery etc.) during climbing period.
- Daily wages and food allowance for Sherpa guide, cook and Porters
- Insurance for Sherpa guide, cook &porters
- Domestic Airport tax and Airfare
- Peak fee
- Climbing equipment for Sherpa
- Conservation area/National Park entrance fees
- Major meals during Kathmandu stay.
- Personal equipment & climbing gear.
- Medicine & personal high risk insurance.
- Rescue flight charge.
- International air ticket.
- Airport departure tax.
- Telephone & laundry.
- Alcoholic beverages and item of a purely personal nature.
Dates & Prices
Autumn Season & Spring Season