Mera Peak is the highest trekking peak in Nepal. Yet despite its height and stunning location high above the valleys of the Himku and Hongu just south of the Everest region of eastern Nepal, it is not a difficult climb and it is suitable for those with no prior climbing experience, providing they are fit and adventurous.
You can fly from Kathmandu to Lukla airstrip. From here the route takes you over the 4,600m Zatrwa La and into the Himku Valley. Dense forests of pine and juniper soon open out onto the high ridges en route to the Mera La Pass (5,415m) and high camp for the climb. The views from here are astounding, with a panorama that takes in Kanchenjunga, Chamlang, Makalu and Baruntse in the east to Everest, Lhotse and Nuptse to the north. From Base Camp the climb to Mera’s summit is not technically hard and the glacier’s snow covered crevasses form the main danger. Progress is necessarily slow and careful. The summit views outdo even those from the pass and there is ample time for photos before the descent to Base Camp.
SUMMIT: Mera Peak 6,654m.
LOCATION: Everest/ Makalu Region
GRADE: ALPINE grade F.
- Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu airport pick up & transfer to Hotel
- Day 2 Kathmandu Gear check & trek briefing
- Day 3 Early morning fly to Lukla trek to Chutenga camping
- Day 4 Chutenga trek to via Zetrwa La ( 4610 m) Thuli Kharka camping
- Day 5 Thuli Kharka trek to Kote camping
- Day 6 Kote trek to Thagnak camping
- Day 7 Thangnak rest day for acclimatization
- Day 8 Thagnak trek to Khare camping
- Day 9 Khare trek to Base Camp camping
- Day 10 Rest day for acclimatization
- Day 11 High camp and make preparation for the next day to get to the summit.
- Day 12 Summit and the views of Pumori (7161m), Lhotse (8516m), Makalu (8463m), Cho Oyu (8201m)
- Day 13-15 Mera Peak Base Camp - Lukla. We follow the same route and come back to Lukla over night Lodge
- Day 16 Lukla - Kathmandu by flight airport pick up and transfer to Hotel Tibet
- Day 17 Kathmandu
- Day 18 Departure to your destination
- All airport transfers international and domestic flight arrival and Departure
- 4 night’s accommodation in Kathmandu Hotel Tibet on BB sharing basis
- All your meals & accommodation during your trek in lodges.
- The services of our professional Sherpa team such as climbing Sherpa guide , cook and porter s etc.
- Food , fuel, camping equipment (such as mattresses, Tents, dining and toilet tents, crockery etc.) during climbing period.
- Daily wages and food allowance for Sherpa guide, cook and Porters
- Insurance for Sherpa guide, cook &porters
- Domestic Airport tax and Airfare
- Peak fee
- Climbing equipment for Sherpa
- Conservation area/National Park entrance fees
- Major meals during Kathmandu stay.
- Personal equipment & climbing gear.
- Medicine & personal high risk insurance.
- Rescue flight charge.
- International air ticket.
- Airport departure tax.
- Telephone & laundry.
- Alcoholic beverages and item of a purely personal nature.
Dates & Prices
Autumn Season & Spring Season