Makalu is the fifth highest mountain in the world and is considered the technical mountain to climb. Normally, four camps are set up in the approach excluding Advanced Base Camp which will be set up at 5,300m. We follow the lateral moraine, hike onto the glacier and set up Camp 1 at a glacial plateau at 6,150m. We further proceed along the glacier plateau in the direction to Makalu La, climbing stretches of steep slopes and arrive at the base of the Makalu La to set up Camp 2 at 7,000m. We climb the Messier Headwall towards the north west ridge at Makalu La and the site of Camp 3 at 7,300m. Camp 4 will be set up on the north ridge at 7,850m and we will climb up the couloir to reach the final ridge at the summit (8,462m).
- Day 01: Fly to Tumlingtar;
- Day 02: Trek to Mani Bhanjyang; Camping
- Day 03: Trek to Chichila; Camping
- Day 04: Trek to Mure/Num; Camping
- Day 05: Trek to Murmi Danda/Sedua Area; Camping
- Day 06: Trek to Tashigaon; Camping
- Day 07: Rest Day
- Day 08: Trek to Unshisha; Camping
- Day 09: Trek to Khongma; Camping
- Day 10: Trek to Nghe Kharka/Mumbuk; Camping
- Day 11: Trek to Merek Langmale Kharka; Camping
- Day 12: Trek to Makalu base camp; Camping
- Day 13: Makalu base camp; Camping
- Day 14-45: Climbing period for Mt Makalu
- Day 46-56: Treks back to Timlingtar
- Day 57 : Fly out from Timlingtar to KTM.
- Day 58 : Free Day for Shooping & Evening celebration time
- Day 59 : Free day for explore the City
- Day 60 : Depart home or Extension of trip
- 4 night hotel accommodation in Kathmandu in tourist standard hotel on B/B in twin sharing basis.
- Oxygen, mask & regulator, EPI gas and high quality food (local & imported).
- Climbing permit
- Garbage deposit fees & Sherpa support in the mountain.
- Custom clearance, high altitude Sherpa with equipment, daily wages and insurance, cook, kitchen boy at base camp, necessary porters and cargo charter flight, base camp tent, dining tent, table & chairs, altitude tent & foods.
- All local transportation
- Liaison officer and his equipment allowances, wages, insurance, ticket and food
- Walkie-talkie(Radio) royalty
- All necessary things on the way to base camp & back to Kathmandu.
- Major meals during Kathmandu stay.
- Personal equipment & climbing gear.
- Medicine & personal high risk insurance.
- Rescue flight charge (If necessary).
- International air ticket.
- Airport departure tax.
- Telephone & laundry.
- Alcoholic beverages and item of a purely personal nature.