Nepal opened the Kanchenjunga area to trekkers in 1988, though people had trekked in the area with mountaineering expeditions since the turn of the century. Kanchenjunga is a long way from Kathmandu and the nearest roads and airports are a long way from the mountain. You can trek either to the north or south Kanchenjunga Base Camp, but it takes luck, determination and a lot of time to visit both sides of the peak. Kanchenjunga is on the border of Nepal and the Indian state of Sikkim, so circuit of the mountain is politically impossible. It is difficult to cross either the Lapsing La or Margin La.
The Kanchenjunga region is the home of the Limbus. A relative of the Rais, Limbus dominate the region east of the Arun Koshi and few live elsewhere. Limbu men wear a distinctive, tall top, Nepali cap that is much more colourful than that worn by other Nepalese.
- Day1. Fly Kathmandu to Taplejung, trek to Mitlung
- Day2. Trek to Chiruwa.
- Day3. Trek to Sekathum.
- Day4. Trek to Amjilhasa.
- Day5. Trek to Gyapla.
- Day6. Trek to Gunsa.
- Day7. Trek to Khambashen.
- Day8. Khambashen Rest/ Acclimatisation day.
- Day9. Trek to Lonak.
- Day10. Trek to Pangpema (Kanchenjunga north base camp)
- Day11. Exploration hikes
- Day12. Return trek to Khambacchen.
- Day13. Trek to beyond Ghunsa.
- Day14. Trek to Tamo La danda
- Day15. Trek to Tseram
- Day16. Trek to Ramche
- Day17. Visit Glacier and Kanchenjunga south
- Day18. Trek to Andaphedi
- Day19. Trek to Omji Khola
- Day20. Trek to Yamphudin.
- Day21. Trek to Funfun danda
- Day22. Trek to Lali Kharka
- Day23. Trek to Suketar (Taplejung airport)
- Day24. Fly Taplejung/Biratnagar/Kathmandu, transfer to Tibet Gust House
- Scheduled air/bus services
- All your meals on trek prepared by our staff
- The services of our professional Sherpa team
- All group equipment (such as sleeping, dining and toilet tents, crockery etc.)
- Personal sleeping bag, liner & foam mattresses
- Trek permit (if applicable) & conservation area/National Park entrance fees
- One night accommodation at Lodge/Hotel including all meals
- Sightseeing tour of Kathmandu city
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal insurance
- Price rises beyond our control (e.g.; increase in permit fees, airfares)
- Charges for unexpected expenses
- Personal expenses such as gratuities,laundry alcoholic beverage etc.
- Personal clothing and equipment
- Domestic & international departure airport tax
- Visa fees
- International airfare
Dates & Prices
Autumn Season & Spring Season