Few mountains in the world rival the grandeur of Mount Kailash (6,714m). The famed Holy Peak in western Tibet. Kailash is regarded as the centre of the universe by most of Asia. It is the ultimate Tibetan journey, from the holiest Buddhist Mountain, the sculpted perfection of Kailash, through the serene beauty of the Tibetan plateau. Mount Kailash is the holy mountain of Tibet and is the source of the four great Himalayan Rivers. The area is not open to independent trekkers and was only very recently opened to foreign trekkers in an organised group with a special permit through the Simikot (Humla) region, the highest and northern most district of Nepal. Although the main objective of this trek is Mount Kailash and Manasarovar Lake, the journey through Humla and Tibet is both culturally and scenically rewarding.
- Day 1: Fly Kathmandu to Lhasa.
- Day 2-3: Sightseeing in Lhasa.
- Day 4: Drive to Tsurpu, visit monastery back to Lhasa.
- Day 5: Dreve to Gyangtse, visit Yamdrok Lake and visit monasteries.
- Day 6: Drive to Shigatse and visit Tashilunpo monestery.
- Day 7: Drive to Lhatse/ over night camp beyond Lhatse.
- Day 8: Drive to Saga/ over night camp beyond Saga.
- Day 9: Drive to Zhongba/ over night camp beyond Zhongba.
- Day 10: Drive to Phayang/ over night camp beyond Phayang.
- Day 11: Drive to Mansarover/ over night camp at Chu Gomba.
- Day 12: Rest day.
- Day 13: Drive to Darchen and arrange Yak for trek around Kailash. Over Night camp.
- Day 14: Trek to Deraphuk 6 hours hike. Over night camp.
- Day 15: Trek to Zuthulphuk after crossing the Dolma La 19300Ft. Over night camp.
- Day 16: Trek to Dzutrul Phuk. Over night camp.
- Day 17: Trek to Darchen and drive to Hor Qu. Over night camp.
- Day 18: Drive to Payang. Over night camp.
- Day 19: Drive to Saga. Over night camp.
- Day 20: Drive to Paikutso. Over night camp.
- Day 21: Drive to Zhangmu. Over night Zhangmu Hotel.
- Day 22: Drive to Kathmandu.
- 4 night 3 stars hotel in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu to Lhasa flight
- Visa fee for Tibet - All land transportation
- Sightseeing - Hotel accommodations with 3 meals a day
- Entrance fee, service of guide, yaks and yak keeper
- Necessary permits on trek
- Camping equipment (2 men tent, mattress dinning tent, kitchen tent, toilets tent, tables & chairs) - Guide, cook, porters wages and insurance
- Transportation from boarder to Kathmandu
- Visa fee for Nepal
- Entrance fees during KTM sightseeing
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Tips, alcoholic beverages, long distance charges, etc.
- Airport departure taxes
- International airfare
- Meals and accommodations in Kathmandu
Dates & Prices
Jun & July