Why trek with Mountain Experience in the Everest region known as Khumbu.
Our staff have 15+ years of trekking experience in the Everest (Solu Khumbu) region. Our Sherpa guide come from the Solu Khumbu region, so local support and goodwill throughout the Khumbu, invaluable on a trek!
Mountain Experience has perhaps THE safest acclimatization schedule in the Khumbu, and both Sherpa guides and Tour leaders , along with our experienced staff, all of whom ONLY trek with Mountain Experience. Our Everest Three Passes trek focuses on Sherpa cultural experiences as well as the Himalayan peaks. We carry a first Aid medical kit along with ( Gamow bag or Certec bag)
Our Everest Three Passes Trek (often called Everest High Passes Trek) in Nepal is a challenging, 'best of the Everest region' trek through some of the most spectacular landscapes in the Nepal Himalaya with guides who spend all their time in the Himalaya. Our Everest trek is a window into traditional Sherpa villages and 'gompas' (monasteries), their mountain Buddhist culture and their sacred peaks and valley. Not only peaks, the Everest region is an incredibly spiritual place, and we have the chance to visit its many colorful gompas, and chat with the monks of Pangboche, Namche, Khumjung, Khunde, and Thame Gompa.
Some of the highlights of our Everest Three Passes trek | The Chhukhung Valley and the Himalayan views (including Makalu) from Chhukhung Ri, trekking to Everest Base Camp and its otherworldly climbing Kala Pattar for incredible Everest views, the turquoise Gokyo lakes with the colorful prayer flags fluttering at the top of Gokyo Ri, the Himalayan panorama from the top of the Renjo La, descending into the traditionally Sherpa Thame valley, where the Tibetans pass through on their way from Tibet to Namche Bazaar. Throughout, we are surrounded by spectacular 8000 meter peak panoramas and hosted by welcoming Sherpas in their wonderful lodges ...
April, May in spring season and October, November are the perfect times to trek in the Everest region, the Himalayan peaks accentuated by clear and blue skies. Wildlife such as the Himalayan thar, musk deer, danphe (Nepal's national bird), blood pheasant, Himalayan snow-cock, snow-pigeon and chukkar roam the mountain sides.
Mountain views don't get any better than trekking in the Khumbu region.
Join us for this unforgettable trek through Nepal's spectacular Everest region!
- Day 1 - Arrival in Kathmandu 1340m/16,350'transfer to you hotel
- Day 2 - Kathmandu | Optional World Heritage Sightseeing
- Day 3 - Fly Lukla. Trek Monjo2835m/9300'
- Day 4 - Trek Namche Bazaar3465m/11,365'
- Day 5 - Namche Bazaar (day hike Khunde & Khumjung)
- Day 6 - Trek Phortse3780m/12,398'
- Day 7 - Trek Dingboche4300m/14,015’
- Day 8 - Dingboche rest day for acclimatizatio
- Day 9 - Trek to Chhukung (optional climb Chhukhung Ri) 5565m/18253’
- Day 10 - Trek Lobuche 4935m/16,186m (optional Kongma La pass) 5540m/18171m
- Day 11 - Trek Gorak Shep (climb Kala Pattar) 5645m/18,516'
- Day 12 - Trek Lobuche (day hike Everest Base Camp) 5365m/17,597m
- Day 13 - Trek Dzongla 4830m/15,842'
- Day 14 - Trek Tangnak (cross Cho La pass) 5370m/17,613'
- Day 15 - Trek Gokyo4790m/15,711'
- Day 16 - Gokyo (climb Gokyo Ri)5360m
- Day 17 - Trek Lungden (cross Renjo La pass) 5415m
- Day 18 - Trek Thame 3805m/12,480'
- Day 19 - Trek Namche
- Day 20 - Trek Lukla
- Day 21 - Fly Kathmandu
- Day 22 - Depart from Kathmandu
Chitwan National Park | Landmark forest Park
Chitwan + Tharu Villages Wildlife Safari
If request for:
Kathmandu World Heritage Sightseeing Tour | Pashupatinath, Boudhanath + Swayambunath
Kathmandu Durbar Square Walking Tour | Durbar Square
Bhaktapur Heritage Sightseeing Tour
Patan Heritage Sightseeing Tour
Everest Sightseeing Flight
It will be extra cost but we can organize it.
We recommend leaving an extra day in Kathmandu in case of flight cancellations out of Lukla.
Please make sure you have good travel medical insurance!
NOTE: We STRONGLY recommend scheduling an extra day in Kathmandu in case of flight delays or cancellations out of Lukla.
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- 3- star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Tea house accommodation during the Everest Base camp trek
- All meals ( breakfast, Lunch and dinner during the trek
- Domestic flights Kathmandu- Lukla – Kathmandu)
- Sagarmatha National park entrance fee
- An experienced English speaking and government – licensed guide
- Porter service ( 2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Guide and porter salary, insurance, domestic airfare , food and accommodation
- Trekking TIMS card
- First aid kit
- International flights
- Nepal visa fee
- Travel or travel medical insurance
- Helicopter Rescue Service cost
- Helicopter Shuttle Service to or from Lukla if flights are delayed or cancelled
- Meals on Kathmandu ( while not on trek)
- Equipment rental
- Boiled drinking water
- Alcohol & soft drinks
- Hot Showers
- Tipping & other items of a personal nature
Dates & Prices
April /May & October / November 2017/ 18