Chulu West and Chulu Central are best made from a Base Camp in a small valley north of Manang situated off the main trail to the Thorong La. Indeed some of the best views of these peaks can be had from that pass.
This camp ascends steep scree slopes to a col (4,900m/16,076ft), on a subsidiary ridge that leads down from the main ridge. To the north of the col we ascend snow slopes for 200 metres (650ft) to the base of a band of rock at an altitude of 5,100 m (16,732ft) and the site for a possible high camp. We climb the rock band with some difficulty to the north west shoulder of Chulu West (5,450m/17,880ft), where another camp can be established or alternatively, a camp can be made on a snow plateau above (5,530m/18,143ft). On the first ascent, and several subsequent ascents, rope was fixed on the rock band. From the plateau we continue up the progressively narrowing ridge to the summit (6,250m/30,505ft). Descent is by the same route.
- Day 1 Arriveal in Kathmandu. Transfer to hotel
- Day 2 Kathmandu free day
- Day 3 Drive to Beshi Sahar
- Day 4 Beshi Sahsr trek to Ngadi
- Day 5 Ngadi trek to Tal
- Day 6 Tal trek to Dharapani
- Day 7 Dharapani trek to Chame
- Day 8 Chame trek to Pisang
- Day 9 Pisang trek to Manang
- Day 10 Manag / Rest day
- Day 11 Manag trek to Lattar
- Day 12 Trek to Chulu West BC
- Day 13 Chulu West Climb Day
- Day 14 Climb Day
- Day 15 BC trek to Thorung Phedi
- Day 16 Thorung Phedi trek to Muktinath (Pass to Thorung La)
- Day 17 Muktinath trek to Jomsom
- Day 18 Fly Jomsom to Kthmandu
- Day 19 Free day
- Day 20 Departure from Kathmandu
- All airport transfers international and domestic flight arrival and Departure
- 4 night’s accommodation in Kathmandu Hotel Tibet on BB sharing basis
- All your meals & accommodation during your trek in lodges.
- The services of our professional Sherpa team such as climbing Sherpa guide , cook and porter s etc.
- Food , fuel, camping equipment (such as mattresses, Tents, dining and toilet tents, crockery etc.) during climbing period.
- Daily wages and food allowance for Sherpa guide, cook and Porters
- Insurance for Sherpa guide, cook &porters
- Domestic Airport tax and Airfare
- Peak fee
- Climbing equipment for Sherpa
- Conservation area/National Park entrance fees
- Major meals during Kathmandu stay.
- Personal equipment & climbing gear.
- Medicine & personal high risk insurance.
- Rescue flight charge.
- International air ticket.
- Airport departure tax.
- Telephone & laundry.
- Alcoholic beverages and item of a purely personal nature.
Dates & Prices
May - July & August – September