Baruntse is one of the beautiful 7,000m peaks in Nepal. It is also one of the few peaks of this height with a high rate of success of ascent on the normal route. The approach to the mountain follows the Mera Peak trek up to Mera La and then to Baruntse Base Camp (5,250m). Normally, we establish two camps above the Base Camp in the approach to the mountain. Camp 1 is set up just below East Col at an altitude of 5,700m and Camp 2 is on the south east ridge at a height of 6,420m. From Camp 1, we cross east col and descend down through steep slopes. We then traverse a large snow plateau and move towards the bottom of the south east ridge. Next we move through steep slopes of the ridge to a small col, the site of Camp 2 at a height of 6,420m.
From Camp 2, we climb steep snow slopes (45 degrees) and frequently pass a series of short steep ice and snow steps until we reach the west side of the ridge. Then we pass through short sections of rock scrambling which leads to a marked cleft and ice cliff. Getting over these leads to the easy and broader slopes and, finally, to 7,129m and the summit. The descent is by the same route.
- Day 01 Arrive in KTM, transfer to hotel
- Day 02 City tour & necessary preparation
- Day 03 Final gear sorting out & packing
- Day 04 Fly Lukla 2200m. Trek to Chutanga, 2400m
- Day 05 Tulo Karka, 2900m
- Day 06 Chetarbu, 3400m
- Day 07 Khote, 3600m
- Day 08 Tagnag, 4356m
- Day 09 Rest day/ Day hike
- Day 10 Khare, 5025m
- Day 11 Khare, 5025m
- Day 12 Mera la High Camp, Porters & other exp staff continue to Hinnku Velley
- Day 13 Summit Mera Peak (6654m), Same day trek to Kongmo Dingma
- Day 14 Hunku Valley, 5200m
- Day 15 Baruntse base camp (5,400m)
- Day 16-33 Climbing phase and summit attempt (7,129m)
- Day 34 Trek to Panch Pokhari, 5800m
- Day 35 Trek to Amphu Lapche BC, 5845m
- Day 36 Trek to Dinbouche, 4410m
- Day 37 Trek to Namche, 3440m
- Day 38 Trek to Lukla, 2800m
- Day 39 Free dayin KTM, your trip over here
- Day 40 Fly back to home or extension of the trip
- 4 night hotel accommodation in Kathmandu in tourist standard hotel on B/B in twin sharing basis.
- EPI gas and high quality food (local & imported).
- Climbing permit, garbage deposit fees & Sherpa support in the mountain.
- Custom clearance
- High altitude Sherpa with equipment, daily wages and insurance, cook,kitchen boy at base camp, necessary porters
- Cargo charter flight
- Base camp tent Per person, dining tent, toilet & shower tent, table & chairs,high cooking set, tent & sleeping bag for high camps.
- Medical Kids & Gamo bag
- Walkie Talkie (Radio)
- liaison officer and his equipment allowances, wages, insurance, all necessary things on the way to base camp & back to Kathmandu.
- Major meals during Kathmandu stay.
- Personal equipment & climbing gear.
- Medicine & personal high risk insurance.
- Rescue flight charge.
- International air ticket.
- Airport departure tax.
- Telephone & laundry.
- Alcoholic beverages and item of a purely personal nature.
Dates & Prices